ACARES provides Support Coordination which is a capacity building support to implement all services involved in a NDIS participant’s plan. Our Support Coordinators work creatively with you to utilize your allocated support budgets to best achieve your goals.
How can ACARES Support Coordinators help you?
Our experienced Support Coordinators can support you to:
- assess and choose a number of mainstream, community, informal and preferred options or providers
- negotiate services to be provided, develop service agreements and create service bookings with preferred providers
- negotiate services and prices as part of any quotable supports
- arrange any assessments required to determine the nature and type of funding required (e.g. assessment to determine the type of complex home modifications required)
- decide the budget for each support type and advise any relevant plan manager of the breakdown of funds
- liaise with any plan manager to establish the appropriate claim categories and attribute the correct amount of funds
- link to mainstream or community services (i.e. housing, education, transport, health)
- strengthen and enhance your capacity to coordinate supports, self direct and manage supports and participate in the community, including providing you with assistance to: understand your responsibilities under service agreements, change or end a service agreement and resolve problems or issues that arise
If you are seeking the services of a professional Support Coordinator, click here to make a referral or for more information feel free to call us on 1300 303 770 .